Tuesday 13 December 2016

Rapha 500

So it's that time of the year again... the break between Christmas and New Years where people try to ride 500km over the 8 days.


I had tried to do this challenge on several occasions but had failed. I was triathlon-ing and during this time of the year, we used to do "Hell-Week" which consisted of fitting in 3 disciplines in one day. Living in Melbourne, you will also get some crazy weather conditions so actually doing the riding was not done completely.


Last year I was training for Falls Creek 3 peaks and instead of riding the distances, I was climbing for the elevation and strength. As I am not doing this event in 2017 and just riding for fun, I have decided to commit myself to complete this challenge for the first time.


I won't be scheduling in riding a min of 62.5km a day over the 8 days as I know that I will not be riding everyday during that time. I will most likely do a few double days if the weather is great or do a longer ride if I have no plans.


I also have a birthday in between Christmas and New Years so I am sure that my schedule will depend on how I feel.


Happy Riding XX


http://pages.rapha.cc/feature/festive-500

No comments:

Post a Comment