Friday 10 May 2013

This Weekend - WHOOP!

This weekend is no ordinary weekend...on the training side of things I have Bike Skills with Coach Daz at 8am. I have signed up to this (Bike Skillz) to be more confident in descending and turning (can turn left, can't turn right). Kenny from Bicycles Inc will be popping by to show us some bike maintenance things and I hope I will learn something new.

On the program, I have a 90km ride. I remember this time last year, the program was a 60km ride (easy T2) as I was on the half ironman first-timer program. This year, I am on the Ironman Intermediate program - a big change!

We will not be covering many kms on Saturday so after speaking to the head coaches, I am going to do a few hours of the boulevard before meeting the crew at 8am. Will be working on my strength as well as trialing my homemade gels.

I have a catch up with some friends for lunch on Saturday and then it is a mad-chooks rush to get my sh!t together for Sat night. Saturday night will be HUGE!!!! Tri Alliance will be having our End of Season Presentation Night (EOSPN). It is always such a fun night. The highlights of the night will be the awards of recognition (both serious and silly ones). All the coaches had a say in the nominations for these awards. The winner of the John Cornish scholarship will also be announced. My money will be on someone who is going to the World Champs 2013 or Kona 2013.


The Zoolander award is also something which people look forward to as it is always presented by Greg (the Zoolander). This award is given to the athlete who has the most disgraceful race photo for the season.  

SSSSSSSHHHHH there is also a secret presentation happening too and hopefully it turns out well - will report of this in my next post. Stay tuned!

Oh, no running on Sunday on the program....obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment